This Creamy Garlic Pork and Spinach dish is a simple, quick and easy one-pot meal. Made with butternut squash, cinnamon, and a variety of herbs, it’s comforting, delicious, AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 TBSP dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1.5 tsps sea salt
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 5–6 cups spinach
- 1 cup full fat, additive free coconut milk
- 2 tsp tapioca starch + 1 TBSP water
- To a large stockpot, add olive oil and heat on medium heat. Next, add onion, garlic and dried herbs and sauté 2-3 minutes until onions begin to turn translucent.
- Next, add pork and sea salt and cook until pork is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low and add in cubed pieces of butternut squash and coconut milk. Allow to cook for 12 – 15 mins until squash begins to soften, stirring intermittently.
- Once squash has begun to soften, add in spinach one cup at a time, stirring to incorporate. Cook for 5-7 minutes more.
- Finally, make a slurry by combining tapioca starch with water. Add slurry to pot and stir continuously to combine. Mixture will begin to thicken.
- Taste and adjust for salt, remove from heat, and serve warm.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Quick meals
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 471
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Fat: 35g
- Protein: 27.5
Keywords: one pot meals, quick meals, pork and spinach, creamy garlic, aip, paleo, whole30