These AIP/Paleo Cinnamon Streusel Muffins are made with coconut, tapioca and tigernut flour. They’re grain-free, fluffy and perfectly sweet with a delicious crumb topping that goes so well with coffee/tea at any time of day.
Cinnamon Crumb Topping
- 2 TBSP coconut oil, room temp
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 2 TBSP tigernut flour
- 2 TBSP coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 TBSP gelatin
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP hot water
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 2 TBSP full fat coconut milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line a muffin pan with parchment liners.
- Make cinnamon crumb topping by combining coconut oil, coconut flour and tigernut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and sea salt in a small bowl. Use your hands to to massage the ingredients together so that the mixture clumps together.
- In a large bowl, combine tigernut flour, tapioca starch, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted coconut oil, applesauce, full fat coconut milk and vanilla extract.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Make gelatin egg by combining gelatin, apple cider vinegar and hot water into a small bowl. Use a fork to whisk until gelatin is fully combined and mixture is frothy.
- Fold gelatin egg into batter.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners and top with cinnamon topping. Gently press topping into muffin a bit so that it doesn’t completely crumble off.
- Bake on middle rack for 27-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- If using icing, make by combining melted coconut butter, maple syrup, full fat coconut milk, vanilla and sea salt in a small bowl.
- Remove muffins from oven and allow to cool completely before removing from pan and placing on cooling rack.**
- Once fully cooled, drizzle icing on muffins.
* Full fat coconut milk is key to this recipe.
**It’s key that you allow these to cool completely before trying to remove from muffin tin.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Muffins
Keywords: cinnamon streusel, muffins, cinnamon, aip, paleo