These AIP, grain free Cinnamon Rolls are paleo and vegan delights. They’re soft, gooey, moist and delicious and only involve a few ingredients!
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup + 3 TBSP coconut sugar
- 2 cups white sweet potato or Japanese sweet potato, boiled and mashed (about 3 large sweet potatoes)
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a small bowl combine melted coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sea salt and coconut sugar. Mixture will be thick and resemble wet sand.
- Measure out 2 cups of sweet potato mash and mix together with cassava flour and salt until ingredients come together into a pliable ball of dough. If necessary, add more cassava flour by the TBSP to achieve this consistency. You want a soft and pliable dough that is not wet or sticky.
- Place ball of dough between two pieces of parchment paper. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a large rectangle about 8 1/2 x 11 and no less than 1/4 inch thick.
- Using an offset or rubber spatula, spread the filling over the lower 2/3 of the dough (Image 1).
- Use the parchment paper to help you, fold the top 1/3 of the dough down to cover the middle 1/3 (Image 2) and fold the bottom 1/3 up to place on the middle third (Image 3)
- Starting from the short edge, use a large sharp knife or bench scraper to cut dough into 3/4-inch wide strips (See Image 4)
- Carefully roll each strip inward into a tight circle. If the dough cracks in a few places, use wet fingertips to help bring it back together.
- Place into a baking dish of choice and bake in the middle rack of oven for 30-35 minutes.*
* Don’t worry if some oil seeps out and pools around the rolls as they bake, this keeps them moist and most of it should be absorbed once they’re done cooking.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, cinnamon rolls, cinnamon, cinnamon buns, sweet potato