This vegan and AIP Blueberry ice cream is refined-sugar free, rich, creamy and full of wild blueberry flavour.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Add frozen blueberries, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and maple sauce to a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil over low-medium heat
- Once boiled, reduce to low heat and let simmer until wild blueberries begin to break down (~10 minutes)
- Continue cooking uncovered until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and let cool completely before adding to ice cream.
- Add coconut cream and coconut milk to a saucepan with maple syrup, salt and vanilla on low-medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- While coconut milk mixture warms, add water to tapioca starch to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to saucepan and stir rapidly to thicken mixture.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Pour mixture into a bowl and let chill for at least 2 hrs, or until cold.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream machine and churn according to your machine’s instructions.
- Transfer prepared ice cream to a large bowl. Using a spatula, fold in blueberry jam mixture ensuring you leave visible swirls of blueberry goodness.
- Enjoy immediately as soft-serve or transfer to loaf pan and freeze until a scoop-able texture is formed.*
*Once solid, coconut ice cream gets very hard. Defrost on counter well in advance of serving. It will be creamiest within 2-3 days of being made.
- Prep Time: 3 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Desserts
Keywords: ice cream, blueberry ice cream, aip ice cream, dessert, aip desserts