This paleo and AIP Creamy Balsamic Mushroom Pasta is a one-pot dream! It comes together quickly for a hearty, creamy and delicious dish that’s sure to please.
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp thyme (fresh or dry)
- 4 cups portobello mushrooms ~ 2 large portobellos, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup full fat, additive-free coconut milk
- 3 cups spinach, packed
- 2 TBSP tapioca starch + 3 TBSP water mixed into a slurry
- 6 oz AIP-compliant pasta
- Boil pasta of choice to al dente, strain, run under cold water and set aside.
- To a large stock pot heat olive oil to medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté at least ten minutes, stirring frequently until onions turn translucent and begin to cook down.
- Add garlic and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ground beef, sea salt and thyme and cook until the beef browns, stirring frequently.
- Add in mushrooms in 3 to 4 batches, stirring to incorporate between each addition and cook 5-7 minutes until mushrooms soften.
- Stir in balsamic vinegar, water and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Fold in spinach until it begins to wilt.
- Combine tapioca starch and 3 TBSP water into a slurry and add to pot, stirring quickly until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat and fold in pasta. Taste and adjust for salt as necessary.
- Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: aip pasta, grain free pasta, gluten free pasta, portobello mushroom, mushroom and pasta, one-pan meal, quick dinner