These AIP Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings are so quick and easy and bursting with flavor. They’re AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 pound chicken wings (skin on)
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red onion or 2 shallots
- zest of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 TBSP coconut aminos
- 2 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
- parsley, chopped (to garnish)
- Add all of the marinade ingredients (besides parsley) to a food processor and pulse until combined. (It’s okay if marinade isn’t completely smooth).
- In a large freezer bag or bowl, pour the marinade over the chicken wings and coat them evenly. Marinate for at least 1/2 an hour before cooking.
- Heat grill to medium heat and cook (5-7 mins each side)*
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve hot.
* If you don’t have a BBQ, you can also make these AIP Chicken Wings on the stovetop or bake them in the oven.
Stovetop – Heat a cast iron or a grill pan with 2 TBSP avocado or coconut oil on medium-high. Cook the wings about 8-10 minutes per side.
Oven – preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a metal rack. Lay the wings on top in an even layer, ensuring they aren’t crowded to avoid them from steaming in the oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: AIP chicken wings, chicken, balsamic vinegar, paleo, aip, Whole30