These AIP Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings are so quick and easy and bursting with flavor. They’re AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant and can be grilled, oven baked or made on the stovetop.
These Balsamic Glazed AIP Chicken Wings are everything you want out of good wings. They’re flavourful, slightly sweet, herby and tangy all at once without any added sugars. The sweetness here comes purely from the puréed red onion, coconut aminos and the star of the show – balsamic vinegar! While grilling these AIP wings is my favorite method of preparation, they can also be oven-baked or make on the stovetop.
Here’s what you need for these Crispy AIP Chicken Wings:
- coconut aminos and balsamic vinegar – ensure the ingredients for the balsamic vinegar are AIP compliant
- olive oil – you can substitute with avocado oil
- lime – you’ll need fresh lime juice and zest in this recipe
- ginger – fresh ginger adds a delicious zesty punch to these wings, don’t skip it!
- garlic – no explanation necessary
- shallots or red onion – both work well here, though I find the shallots lend a slightly sweeter taste to the wings
- parsley – This is optional and used for garnishing. Cilantro is another great option.
How to make these Paleo and AIP Chicken Wings:
- Add all the marinade ingredients (besides parsley) to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Pour the marinade over the wings and let them sit for 30 minutes to soak up the goodness.
- If you have a grill, you can cook these on medium heat for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- To bake them: preheat oven to 425F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a metal rack. Lay the wings on top in an even layer, ensuring they aren’t crowded to avoid them from steaming in the oven. Bake 30 minutes.
- To cook these on the stovetop: heat a cast iron pan or grill pan with avocado or coconut oil on medium-high heat and cook 8-10 minutes per side. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Looking for more easy AIP and Whole30 recipes? Try:
- Peach-Ginger Chicken Wings
- AIP Beef Meatballs
- Chicken Meatballs in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- One-pan Chicken Thighs with Apples
- Creamy Garlic Pork and Spinach
If you tried these AIP Balsamic Glazed Chicken Wings I would appreciate it if you would give them a rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious.Print