This Paleo Chili is nightshade free and AIP-compliant, rich, hearty and comforting. You won’t miss the beans or nightshades in this allergen-friendly dish.
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- zest of one lime
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, chopped into 1/2–1 inch chunks
- 1 cup butternut squash, cubed
- 1/4 cup beet, finely diced
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock or beef bone broth (ensure ingredients are AIP compliant)
- 1/2 TBSP red wine vinegar
- In a large stockpot or in the Instant Pot on SAUTE function, begin by sautéing the celery, onion and garlic in olive oil until the onions turn translucent.
- Add dried oregano, onion and garlic powder, powdered ginger, cinnamon, turmeric and lime zest and saute 3-4 mins so that the spices bloom.
- Add ground beef, sea salt and cilantro and cook until beef is no longer pink, stirring intermittently.
- Add chunks of carrots, butternut squash and finely diced beet and stir to combine.
- Add bone broth or stock and red wine vinegar and bring to a simmer.
- If cooking on the stovetop, reduce heat, cover pot and cook 20-30 minutes until liquid has mostly cooked down. If using Instant Pot, place lid on and cook on slow cooker function for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: aip, paleo, grain free, nightshade free, nightshade free chili, paleo chili, aip chili, stews, soups, instantpot