These AIP Linzer Cookies are light and crispy and so delicious with a rich berry filling. They’re vegan, paleo, grain free, coconut free.
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp cassava flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup palm shortening
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 2 TBSP honey or maple syrup
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl combine cassava flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or hand held mixer combine palm shortening, maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Use a spatula to fold palm shortening mixture into flour mixture and then your hands to bring the dough together.
- Place dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll out to a rectangle 1/4-inch thick*
- Refrigerate sheet of dough 5-7 minutes.
- Cut out cookies from dough using a fluted cookie cutter.
- Transfer cookies on parchment paper to a large baking sheet. Bake in the middle rack of oven for 11-12 minutes until slightly golden.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before touching them/removing from cookie sheet, or they will break apart.
- To a small saucepan, add frozen berries, lemon juice and honey on low-medium heat. Allow berries to melt, stirring intermittently until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the mixture has thickened.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, spoon 1 tsp of filling into the center of half the cookies, and top with remaining cookies.
* Ensure not to roll out your cookie dough too thin or the cookies will crack
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
Keywords: aip, paleo, vegan, coconut-free, holiday, cookies, linzer cookies, berries