These soft and fluffy gluten free, AIP and paleo gingersnap cookies are made with fresh and powdered ginger for a mind blowing, delicious cookie that’s grain free and coconut free!
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 cup green banana flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsps powdered ginger
- 1.5 tsps fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 gelatin egg (see below)
- maple or coconut sugar for sprinkling (optional)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3 TBSP hot water
- 1 TBSP gelatin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and finely grated ginger.
- In a large bowl mix tigernut flour, tapioca starch, green banana flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger powder and salt.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the olive oil, maple syrup, vanilla and fresh ginger. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Make gelatin egg by combining apple cider vinegar, hot water, gelatin. Whisk with fork until all gelatin is dissolved and mixture is frothy. Pour gelatin egg into batter and quickly fold in.
- Chill dough in fridge for 5 mins.
- Place TBSP sized amounts of dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges turn lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle with maple or coconut sugar (optional)
- Allow cookies to cool 10 mins before moving to cooling rack where they should cool completely before eating so they don’t fall apart.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ginger, cookies, gingersnaps, AIP, paleo, dairy-free, gingerbread, grain-free, gluten free