These paleo, vegan and AIP crepes are thin, delicate and so versatile! Fill them with your favourite sweet toppings, or go the savoury route and have them at anytime of the day!
- In a large mixing bowl gently combine tigernut flour, tapioca starch, cassava flour, cinnamon and sea salt. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, combine vanilla extract with coconut milk (warmed or room temperature), and melted coconut oil.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet to the dry, using a whisk to combine.
- Allow the batter to sit 3-4 minutes during which time it should thicken a bit.
- Heat a large skillet with 1/2-1 TBSP coconut oil over low-medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, pour in the batter about 3TBSP at a time to form your crepes. Quickly tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the the batter evenly coats the pan to your desired circumference (I recommend about 5-6 inches wide).**
- Cook approximately 2 minutes until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, flip and cook 1 minute more on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with your fillings of choice
**Don’t worry if your first couple of crepes are not perfect, slightly pale or stick to the pan a bit – this is normal. Just like with pancakes, you usually find the right temperature after the first couple.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 0.3g
- Protein: 2.1g
Keywords: crepes, aip crepes, pancakes, breakfast, aip, paleo, vegan