These paleo, vegan and AIP crepes are thin, delicate and so versatile! Fill them with your favourite sweet toppings, or go the savoury route and have them at anytime of the day!
Lots of people have been asking for more AIP breakfast recipes so I thought I’d share one of my go-tos for a quick and delicious breakfast. These Easy AIP Crepes come together in no time and cook way faster than traditional pancakes.
I tend to make a double batch of these crepes on the weekend. I’ll eat some for brunch and keep the leftovers in the fridge to grab as a base for breakfasts and lunches throughout the week. They’re also amazing as dessert! These crepes are truly so versatile to sweet and savoury applications.
Here are some of my favourite ways to stuff crepes:
- coconut yogurt mixed in with collagen powder and fresh fruit
- coconut cream and blueberries
- tigernut butter, bananas and toasted coconut
- carob sauce and bananas
- spinach and bacon
- hummus and prosciutto
- pesto and prosciutto
The options are endless!
Here’s what you’ll need for these easy AIP Crepes …
- A blend of tigernut flour, tapioca starch and cassava flour – I don’t recommend making any substitutions to this flour blend
- Cinnamon and pure vanilla extract – you can omit both these if you’d like to make savory crepes, though the flavor is mild enough that it’s not necessary
- Full fat, additive free coconut milk – the full fat is really important here for the texture of the crepes so make sure you’re not using a lite version.
- Coconut oil
To make these crepes, simply combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients in separate bowls. Make a well in the dry ingredients, add the wet ingredients and use a whisk to combine. Let the mixture sit a few minutes to thicken and then cook in a well-oiled skillet.
They’re that easy!
How do you like to eat your crepes? Are you team sweet or savoury?
If you try these Easy AIP Crepes, I would love it if you would give it a star rating and short review. Also, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.
Looking for more AIP Pancake recipes? Check out:Print