This roundup of AIP Breakfast Recipes includes some of my favorite breakfast options for AIP. Meal prep these on the weekend and have a week’s worth of delicious meals.
This post contains affiliate links.
Folks often struggle with eating breakfast on the autoimmune paleo protocol. Once I let go of the idea of a traditional breakfast of eggs, bread and pancakes, things got easier for me because my mindset shifted. While I eat AIP pancakes or something similar on special occasions, I aim to focus on nutrient density in my breakfasts by including protein, veggies and complex carbohydrates.
In this roundup of AIP Breakfast recipes, I’m sharing some of my favorite AIP breakfast recipes on the blog. If you are able to, I highly recommend spending a couple hours on the weekend preparing a few of these so that you can have them on hand for breakfast throughout the week! All the breakfast recipes in this roundup are AIP elimination-stage compliant.
AIP Meat/Fish & Salad Combos
I love these veggie-packed turkey burgers for breakfast with a sweet and zesty salad and they’re one of my go-to choices for a healthy and nutrient dense AIP breakfast. If you’d like, you can serve them on a Butternut Squash Biscuit.
- Hassleback Roasted Squash with Beef and Broccoli Rabe
- Roasted Delicata Squash and Kale Salad with Beef Meatballs
- Skillet meals like this Creamy Garlic Pork and Spinach
- AIP Beef Meatballs with Grapefruit Avocado Salad
Meatballs and this salad are one my absolute favorite AIP breakfast pairings.
AIP Muffins and Breakfast Sandwiches
These are protein filled and super satiating so really great as an AIP breakfast muffin. Also check out Banana Spice Muffins.
These are great savory muffins for breakfast!
- Breakfast Sandwich with Spinach, Bacon and Avocado on a Butternut Squash Biscuit
The options are limitless with a versatile, bread-like base such as these delicious biscuits.
AIP Smoothies, Cereals and Soups
If you’re in the mood for a more traditional breakfast, this AIP smoothie bowl is super creamy, thick and satiating and makes two portions. If it’s peach season, you’ll also love this Green Peach Smoothie
Soup for breakfast? Absolutely! A roundup of AIP Breakfast Recipes wouldn’t be complete without soup! This soup is warming, nutrient dense, sweet from the sweet potatoes, and so flavorful. Looking for more soups? Try out this Trinidadian Callaloo and Turkey & Kale Soup as other great breakfast soup options.
- There are a few AIP compliant cereals on the market, my favorite being this Honey Cereal by Lovebird. You can also check out this Nuco Coconut Crunch which is what I like to top my smoothie bowls with. Remember to pair your cereals with healthy fats like full fat coconut milk and some protein for a complete meal.
AIP Pancakes and Crepes
- Easy AIP Crepes with Spinach and Ground Meat or Bacon
Who doesn’t love pancakes? Both these Banana Pancakes and this Pancake Traybake recipes are FLUFFY and delicious. Balance these with a protein like bacon or turkey bacon.
Sweet and Savory AIP Breakfast Ideas
These are a blog reader favorite. The filling is completely customizable and they’re a great savory/sweet breakfast option with guacamole for dipping and healthy fats.
- Beef Patties with Sautéed Greens (Try Swiss Chard with Apples, Sautéed Tatsoi or Swiss Chard Gratin)
These AIP Beef Patties are one of my favorite recipes on the blog and so of course, in this roundup of AIP Breakfast Recipes. Have them with Sautéed Greens, a salad or another vegetable of your choosing.
If you enjoyed any of the recipes featured in this roundup of AIP Breakfast Recipes, be sure to snap a picture of the finished product and share it with me on Instagram by tagging @healmedelicious and using the hashtag #healmedelicious.