These Crispy and Juicy Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are crispy on the outside and tender, juicy and flavor packed on the inside, AIP, paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 2 bone-in chicken breasts, skin on
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp fresh thyme (leaves picked and finely chopped)
- 1/2 TBSP lemon zest
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sliced lemon (optional)
- In a small bowl mix together crushed garlic, chopped thyme, lemon zest, olive oil and sea salt.
- Pour mixture over chicken breasts and massage in with your hands on all sides of the chicken. If possible, slide your finger under the skin to get the seasoning underneath.
- Allow chicken to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Once marinated, place breasts skin side down into air fryer.
- Set to 400F and cook for 23-25 minutes, flipping once halfway throughout. If desired, drizzle olive oil over sliced lemon and place in air fryer alongside the chicken at the halfway point.
- Chicken is ready when the internal temperature reads 165F or when juices run clear.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Mains
Keywords: aip, paleo, whole30, chicken, fried chicken, air fryer, juicy chicken breasts